Tuesday, January 6, 2009

KEX Radio's Scott Lynn diagnosed with colon cancer
















Scott Lynn, long time sportscaster in the Portland, Oregon market and current sports director of KEX Radio, was recently diagnosed with and operated on for colon cancer. The following letter from Scott appears on the station's website:

A note from Scott:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey Friends,

My New Year’s holiday didn’t quite go the way I’d planned.

On Sunday, December 28th, I went to the hospital with extreme abdominal pain and the next thing I knew; I was having surgery for colon cancer!

The first few days have been a little rough and I look forward to recuperating at home. After some healing time, my doctors tell me I’ll need chemotherapy.

As I regain my strength, I look forward to getting back on the radio. I hope to be doing sportscasts from my home studio in the near future.

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes!

Talk to you soon!

Scott

If you'd like to send Scott a note, go to the station's website, http://www.1190kex.com/ and click where it says to. And, from all of us who are fighting or have already defeated colon cancer, like I did two years ago, please get yourself screened. If you are 50 years old or older, or if there is a history of colon cancer in your family, get tested at least ten years prior to the age at diagnosis of your relative. And if you suspect someone you know may be at risk of colon cancer, encourage them to get screened. Don't be embarrassed about it like so many have been. Colon cancer is the #2 cause of cancer deaths in the United States, but is easily curable, if detected and treated early.

God's blessings on you Scott. Get well and get back on the air soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, Scott is a great guy ...... colon cancer is nothing to play around with .... CHECK IT!


Rob
Portland, Oregon

Oh Baby Vision

How to watch the videos on Oh Baby Vision

In the upper left hand corner, there's three horizontal lines. Click that once or twice and it'll bring up thumbnails of all the movies. Click on the one you want to watch and it'll start. It may play the next one automatically, or you may have to click the little box to bring the thumbnails back up.



Now with the addition of more videos, just use the scroll bar on the right to choose the one you want to watch.



I hope you like 'em